RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2008 Artic Fox camper with a 6 cu.ft. Norcold 3-way…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Artic Fox camper with a 6 cu.ft. Norcold 3-way refer. Today I turned on the refer and it went through its normal startup and then showed a green "On" light. I am on 120v shore power. Later I came back to start loading it and I had a L1oP fault code. I ensured it had 120V @ 60 Hz, and it did. I shut off the unit pulled the 20A 12V fuse and reinstalled it. II started it back up and it went through the AU AC startup sequence, then the green "On" light came on. I left it for an hour or so and it was operating normally. I checked the AC heater and it was hot. The cooling unit was warming up as usual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The front panel display that shows temp and power source settings. Is there some component that will fail soon? Or should I see this as a fluke...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fox yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I did was pull the 12V 20A fuse on the converter panel. Its working normally now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I'nm just trying to see if I need to order a part. I can replace it myself if necessary.

3/21/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I'm ready...

T​hat fault code can sometimes come up due to low DC voltage on the incoming power. Once you left it on for a bit the batteries should have come up on voltage. You usually get one "freebie" reset and then it has to be done manually. I am going to add a link to the Service Manual for this fridge for you. Print this out so you have it. Lots of good information in there. And please get back to me if you need more on this later as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Got it, thanks.

You are most welcome! Also remember to keep the fridge level when it is on. Out of level can cause a Hi limit error due to overheating. And it can ruin the cooling unit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
I did see your answer Randall, thanks! I printed the service manual. I'll pass on this good info to all my RVing friends. Thanks again!

Super! Thanks for getting back to me. Be safe........