RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a dometic cfx-cvr65dz and it does not power on and i…

Customer Question
I have a dometic...

I have a dometic cfx-cvr65dz and it does not power on and i changed the 1 fuse. what else can i do

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

After our last trip camping

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i could because i have not found anyone in my area who can . I live in bakersfied calif.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/20/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have it plugged into a dash receptacle? Is that the fuse you changed or on the fridge unit itself?

I need to leave for about 15 minutes and will be right back........

I did and I also have an adapter that allows me to plug it in to wall.

Neither source works? If not, then I suspect that there is an issue with the compressor. They have had some issues with loose connections in there.

You might take a look online and see if they offer any Service Center in your area as most RV shops won't work on these. Hope that points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee.

What should I do? I don’t see any areas in Bakersfield CA is the repair an expensive one? It is relatively new last than a year and I only use it when I go camping

Is it still under warranty?

No it is not..

You might double check the power supply out of the cord. Do you have or can you come up with a small digital multimeter? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago

Just checking back in to see if you were able to test the power cord or not? It appears that the nearest Service Center is in Missouri. I am adding a link to those locations for you. https://www.dometic.com/en/se/find-a-dealer?maxResults=500&distance=5000&location[lat]=35.3732921&location[lng]=-119.01871249999999&partnerType=serviceCenter&stationary=true&onroad=&applications[]=RV&serviceCenterCategories[]=63650