RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Neither of my stabilizer legs. The legs on my sprinter

Customer Question
Neither of my stabilizer...

Neither of my stabilizer legs

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

The legs on my sprinter travel trailer will come down

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sprinter?

Where is the fuse or breaker for my legs on my 2010 Sprinter 318fls

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

The only fuse panel I know of is the one inside under my kitchen drawers

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checking fuses and breakers inside camper

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Neither of my retract switches work front or back

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/20/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Most times the stabilizer legs are wired directly to the battery and many times you will find an in-line fuse or breaker near the battery. Below is a picture of one style they will use, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. Most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip. To test the breaker you would want to see the same voltage on each post to chassis ground (not across the posts) if one side reads much higher in voltage then the breaker is tripped or bad, they can fail as they are exposed to the elements and can corroded. So that is where I would look to start, make sure the battery cables are clean and tight and you have over 12 volts AT the battery.

Please let me know if you need more help on this follow ups are included.....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Thanks, Robert

BREAKER

Thanks Robert we have seen one by leg and one by battery. How do you test it to see if it needs replaced?

You need a volt meter or test light. IF you have a volt meter set it to the DC scale touch the red probe to one post and the black probe to the chassis ground, unpainted surface, get the reading, next move the red probe to the other post and get a reading they should be very close. You can also get a small wire and jump the posts and see if they work. IF so you have found the problem. Some have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip and others are thermal and self reset, it will have an amp rating stamped on the side of it and most auto parts stores carry them for a few dollars.

Hope this helps you out, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page. You can still follow up if needed....

Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert