RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Replacing front top clearance lights. Above windshield

Customer Question
Replacing front top amber...

Replacing front top amber clearance lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Above windshield clearance lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 Tour 40 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

How to remove and replace

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/20/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you replacing the whole fixture including the base? These are made by a number of companies and most have their name or part number on the lense. You can find these at many online dealers and most all RV shops. They come as either one or two wire hookups. If only one, then the fixture grounds through the mounting screws. Take a box knife with a new blade and carefully cut the sealer around the base and once the screws are removed you can lift it off. Cut the connection and butt splice a new one on with the new light. Add some putty tape under it and re-attach it and reseal it. I like Dicor 501 Sealant, but there are others that work well. If you want one that is clear then Sikaflex is the best choice. Hope that points you in the right direction. Please get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!