RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We just bought a 2013 39' Forest River fifth wheel with a…

We just bought a...

We just bought a 2013 39' Forest River fifth wheel with a side by side refrigerator but the owner had not retained the manual. We only have installation instructions with the following number in the lower left hand corner: P/N241811505. Can you supply, or tell me where, we can get a manual so we know how to turn on and operate the fridge properly?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

We don't know, we just bought it used from Campland but it appears to be in good condition.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Forest River?

The unit serial number is ***** unit model #CRF36CKTS, originally sold by RV Connection Inc, 2202 US 281 B South, Lawton, OK 73501

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It doesn't need to be fixed we only need the manual for the side-by-side refrigerator and a manual for the RV since there isn't one of those in the package provided to us.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

3/19/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So normally a RV will have a Dometic or Norcold fridge, if you look inside the door there should be a sticker with the make and model, most Dometics start with a RM or DM and number and most Norcolds start with the letter N and a number.... IT is possible you have a residential style fridge and that would mean it does not operate on LP should still be a sticker inside the door, once I have that info I can assist you.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a side-by-side Frigidaire Gallery, Model #FGHC2331PF7.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to spend $26 on a phone call. Please respond via this medium.
Thank you

Understand, so that is a residential style fridge click HERE to view should apply to yours.

What you need to know about a residential style fridge in a RV is that it requires AC voltage to run, unlike a propane fridge which needs DC voltage. You should have an inverter on your 5th wheel which takes the DC battery volatge and makes the AC voltage when you are unplugged, I want to mention this because if you are not charging the battery periodical the DC battery voltage is going to drop with the more AC items you are using off the inverter, so you will have to manage your power when you are NOT plugged in so you do not run the batteries down, once the battery voltage gets to a set point the inverter will shut down to protect it's self. This is something that is not in the manual as it is a residential style fridge.

IF you have any questions on that part please feel free to follow up with me...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** question was how do I obtain a manual for the refrigerator and can you provide one from Forest River or from the manufacturer?

Click HERE should be an owners manual... Forest River is one of the more difficult RV manufacturers to get any info at all out of, many times they make you go through the dealer. Look the manual over I sent and see if that helps you out.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic