RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The crank that raises the top isn't holding (clicking). This…

Customer Question
The crank that raises...

The crank that raises the top isn't holding (clicking).

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

This isn't a motor. It is a Fleetwood popup camper and the crank that raises the top isn't catching.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fleetwood?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are just now starting to try to see where we can go. The company that sold us the camper said the part isn't available.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. We took the camper out for the week of spring break, came home yesterday and tried to crank it up this morning. The to9p cannot be raised.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/19/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That is usually caused by a broken spring on the detent that holds the crank in place. Not expensive on the part. Try PopUp parts online or Hanna RV Supply. I think they can assist you there. E-Bay is another good source. PopUp Portal has blogs and manuals. They should have one for this lift system. Hope that gets you headed in the right direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!