RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2016 view, the bank of recepticals on one side are…

We have a 2016...

We have a 2016 view, the bank of recepticals on one side are suddenly not working. We tried turning the breakers off and on again but that did not fix the problem. Suggestions for what to try next?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Winnebago view g 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 RV?

View

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, turning the breaker switch off and on again.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Check the GFCI outlets. Push the button in to reset them. One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. If they won't reset, then something may be shorted out that is plugged into one of them. If you were using an electric heater that can trip them. Let me know what happens and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I think that may have fixed it

Looks like on one of these models that the GFCI might be in the bedroom area. Two buttons right in the middle of the outlet. If you have an inverter/charger then check that as those outlets may be wired up through there to run off the batteries when there is no A/C available. When you respond please included your actuall model number.

Too much power being drawn for the capacity OR a short is the reason they trip.

Thanks
Fixed

You are most welcome! You can always go to "Winnebago Wiring Diagrams" to your year and model and get these diagrams. Very helpful! And please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification