RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My RV is fine! I just questioning what vehicle can be flat…

Customer Question
My RV is fine...

My RV is fine! I just questioning what vehicle can be flat towed behind my 2016 Winnibago View, (26 feet) I have been using a tow dolly to pull my Toyota Rave 4 but am looking for something I can flat tow. My husband is unable to help me with the straps and towing so I want to make it easier on myself. Please help.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RAV4?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I do all the work for the RV. It's no problem, I can do it but at 69... I want to make it easier. I can do the straps but have to use a gardening pad to get on my knees.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All else working well on the RV itself.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/19/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There are many different vehicles that can be flat towed, the issue is the weight of the vehicle, for that View you are looking at 3000 lbs that you can comfortable flat tow, that would be the RV loaded down and the toe vehicle loaded down, I would not go over that amount. IF you click HERE it will give you the towing guides and weights of each vehicle, it is set by year so you can click on each year see what is available.

I would suggest a RV shop to do the tow bar installation and the vehicle braking along with the wiring for the brakes, turn signals etc, it can take about 6-8 hours of labor to do that install but in the end you will be better off, all you would need to do is hook up and go and everything will be installed properly.

Hope this helps you out, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Thanks, Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert