RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We need a Black water tank for a 1993 Dutchman. 1993

Customer Question
We need a Black...

We need a Black water tank for a 1993 Dutchman.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1993 Dutchman Classic 260

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have someone to fix it. The black water holding tank is broken where the pipe comes out of the tank. I am told a need a new tank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That if all I know about the problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The first step is you are going to have to take some measurements on the tank, over the years tanks have changed and the only way to get the correct tank is to measure it. Once you have the measurements then I would try Plastic-Mart, click HERE for them. They do have a video showing how to measure the tanks. It is impossible to know the current size as no records are kept on that and the only way to get a proper tank is to do the measurements.

Hope this is helpful for you, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Thanks, Robert

I want to know if the tank can be repair or do we need a new tank.

If it is broken where the pipe is coming out of the tank then I doubt it will be able to be repaired, if it was a small crack or hole then a patching kit or plastic welder can be used to make the repair, if it is cracked or broken where the flange for the pipe is located then it would be better to replace the tank, no guaranties on how long a repair on that area would last.

Hope this helps...... Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert