RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 Itasca Meridian with a Norcold 1200 4-door…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Itasca Meridian with a Norcold 1200 4-door refrigerator. A few years ago there was a recall where I returned our coach to the dealer and they "updated" the temperature sensor located behind the refrigerator. The refrigerator did not show any power after 3 months of indoor winter storage. The sensor has a red light on it that keeps blinking. I bypassed the sensor and everything works great. I have no signs of any leaking ammonia, etc. I would like to replace the sensor but I can't find one. I need a heat sensor P/N 634677 rev E. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

Yes, cleaned and replaced them. I also tried the magnet trick on the reed switch on the board to try to reset it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Meridian

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
3/19/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes... they do not hand these sensors out as it is a safety feature for the fridge and you can not keep it bypassed as well or you would be asking for trouble. Make sure your DC voltage at the sensor is over 10.5 volts. The only way you are going to be able to get a new sensor is have a RV shop that is certified Norcold look at the fridge to determine the sensor is at fault, once they can determine that the sensor can be replaced. IT is possible it may get replaced under some type of warranty if it is a sensor issue. Also make sure you are using a strong magnet or the reed switch may not reset.

I wish I had better news for you on getting a sensor but Norcold's policy is to have the fridge inspected prior to replacing the sensor.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Thank you. While I appreciate your input, sounds like I was on the right track already. I don't mind paying the $5.00 charge for the confirmation but something just popped up on my screen about charging my credit card $29.00???? Please confirm.

I do not set the pricing, and would not be answering questions for 5 dollars, the 5 dollars is a deposit to get to talk to a RV expert, I have been in the RV world for 20 years and my goal is to give you the best possible direction, I have nothing to do with the billing, memberships etc and I only get credit for my efforts when you select a STAR rating on the page.

IF you are not satisfied click HERE for customer service, they can assist you.

ROBERT