RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My coachman motorhome jacks will not come down or when they…

Customer Question
My coachman motorhome jacks...

My coachman motorhome jacks will not come down or when they do the front jack will not stop. The repair shop said for me to lower jack side to side rather than from front to back, So times the jacks come down but unit is not leave, They said the unit in the wheel well might be going bad but nit sure. If this part is the problem it would cost over $1,000 to replace, Where can I get the right answer to my problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

The unit is in good condition. Motorhome is a 2001 Coachman34 1/2ft with 17,500 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 RV?

Auroa

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, took it to rv shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do you get to the carpet under the front side. We want to replace the carpet with some type of hard flooring, I would like to do this my self but I cannot see how to get under the slide.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
3/19/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Who is the manufacturer of the leveling? IT should say on the control panel....

Thanks, Robert

The unit is in storage, I am not able to get to it until spring. I will get back to you then.

That sounds good it could just be the jacks need to be re-programmed or the zero point reset, it depends on the manufacturer for the procedure.

Take your time and get back to me when you can...

Thanks... Robert