RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 attic fox trailer with 2 slides outs and I…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 attic fox trailer with 2 slides outs and I have no power for some reason. I need to manually crank them in but do not know where to do that at.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I am nkt sure. I m not arpund it and it has been out of our possesion but when we just got it back batteries are dead nd no power. Just beed to get the slide outs in at this point

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

Article fox not sure right now. It's part of an estate. It has a large slider for the dining table/couch and a small slider closet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just repossessed it and it's sitting with the sliders out and we don't know where on the trailer to manually crank these in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No we just need to get these cranked in

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/18/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

IS it possible you can change the batteries out? The slide should be wired directly to the batteries and if they are dead the rooms are not going to work, it probably would be the best way to get them in, even if you can get a charger on the batteries for a bit and then charge them up and run the rooms in. Most of these will allow you somehow to manually run the rooms in but IO would need to know the slide-room manufacturer as there are all kinds of different set ups, only trying to be helpful with the battery suggestion. You might also be able to jump the batteries if they are not in very poor condition for a 12 volt power source....

Robert

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns on this or would even like to try another RV expert, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Batteries are dead and yes trying to charge them but still need to know how to manually get them back in

With out knowing the manufacturer it would be hard for me to direct you. IT would depend if they are ALL electric or hydraulic. On the electric style rooms sometimes on the end of the motor you will find a lever which is a brake for the motor, you release that and you can push the room in or use a wrench on the drive bar to bring the room in then you move the lever back to lock the room which prevents it from moving.

On a hydraulic set up you normally have solenoid valves and you release the solenoids which takes pressure of the lines and then you can push the room in and then tighten the solenoid back up, on some after you release the solenoids you have to use a hex bit on the drill and go to the motor and you run the motor with the drill.

There are a many different variations.

I am hopeful that after you get the battery charged up the rooms will once again work for you.

Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert