RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Wiring problem 2004 Pace Arrow 37c lights in large slide…

wiring problem 2004 Pace Arrow...
wiring problem 2004 Pace Arrow 37c lights in large slide blow the 12 v fuse when I open or retract slide I cant seem to follow wires from panel to the slide. I have found where wires go in bottom of slide but colors of wires dont match wires on the lights. I dont have a wiring diagram and wires coming out of fuse panel dont match light wires
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ don't think the problem is in the wiring, but in the supply voltage from the batteries. Lower voltage raises the amperage in the circuit and blows fuses or trips breakers. Check the batteries for water levels and be sure that the cable connections including the ground lead to the chassis are clean and tight. If the batteries are approaching 3 years old they should be load tested to be sure they aren't failing. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. Just be sure you mark the cables and take a photo of the hookups so you get them back on again the same way. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. Once you do this then get back to me if you are still having a problem and we can dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Y​ou can get a complete set of wiring diagrams if you contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number which is usually on a printout in the wardrobe closet. Very helpful to have when you have any electrical issue.

I​ am taking a short break here and will be back in about 10 minutes.........

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
where are you located? I have tried your suggestions there is definitely a dea d short in the wiring I also called the REV 800 # and they blew me off and told me they dont have a wiring diagram especially something that old.I am now tring to trace the wires but am not
having much luck . My local guy is booked solid thru Easter and I have it rented 4/2-4/6. By the way got charged double for my chat with you I think they charged me for the day before when i never chatted with anyone

Somebody was not telling the truth! I have customers here all the time that get these from them. It might be an issue in the motor itself. If you can get to that easily I would hook up a separate 12 VDC power source and power it up from there. Have a 50 amp fuse in the line so you can see if that blows. You can also ohm out the wiring back to the switch and see if that shows a short. I am in Northern California near the Oregon border. If you contact Customer Service they can correct that. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Let me know what you find and we can go from there. No time limit on follow ups.

Hi Randall I found the problem the wiring is “chewed “ off somewhere back under the rig I can’t find where it connects or what broke it Iwill continue to search I have one week until it is rented FYI Thankd

You are most welcome! Let me know if you need more.......