RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2004Pace Arrow 37c the 12v lights on the big slide keep

2004Pace Arrow 37c the...

2004Pace Arrow 37c the 12v lights on the big slide keep blowing a fuse when I open the slide I have tried to trace the wires from the breaker panel in the bathroom but there are so many coming out of the bottom not sure which one is which I found where the wires go up into the slide but tracing the wires from one side of the coach to the other is almost impossible the color of the wires going up into the slide dont match the wiring on the lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

There is no manual for wiring that I have the fuse panel has both the 110 and the 12volt in the same master

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2004 Pace Arrow 37c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

When

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Open the big slide it blows the fuse on

3/18/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Isn't this the same question I just answered a bit ago?

I just sent more info on computer

O.K.......you can let one of these go. Best to keep it to just one thread.

Randall you are the only one I have chatted with don’t know who sent the other stuff which was useless I have checked the batteries they are just over a year old and are full I called rev 800 # and they are closed all I know is when I open the big slide it blows the fuse I replace the fuse and when I close the slide it blows again

Get a small digital multimeter so we can actually test the voltage and see if it is too low or not. Most hardware stores have them for about $20 or so. And have you lubricated this on a regular basis with some slideout lubricants? Thetford makes some good ones for both the rails and one for the wiper seals. If you don't use them on a regular basis it causes more friction in the slide and drags the batteries down and blows fuses.

I have it and will use it. I have used it in the past I will try these things and see how I make out. How can I get back in touch

J​ust Bookmark this and come back to it any time. There is no time limit.

Going to try these I have meter thanks Bruce will be back not sure how to bookmark

Upper right hand corner of your computer screen. If you are using a cellphone, then just text back to this post when you need to respond. And you are most welcome!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification