RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 Ford Transi Kea Dreamtime motor home, 6 speed…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Ford Transi Kea Dreamtime motor home, 6 speed man diesel. Motor cuts out under load. Have installed new injectors and fuel pump and filter. Computer is showing two faults. Have removed and checked fuel tank. Only thing left is fuel pressure sensor? Sending wrong info to Computer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

It's at the garage. I will suggest the fuel rail. I am not a me hanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, it's all been done under warranty by a recognised truck centre

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 3 days by:
3/21/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If the faults are related to fuel pressure or rail pressure and with all that has been checked and replaced this can very well be the fuel rail pressure sensor.I have seen the fuel pressure sensor send an incorrect signal either all of the time or under load causing this fault here needing to be replaced.If this was already replaced and did not resolve this fault here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete