RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have no Twelveoak power for this light out the levelers…

Customer Question
I have no Twelveoak...

I have no Twelveoak power for this light out the levelers the wipers and I'm not sure why . Although the alternator on the dash shows charge and the motorhome starts up just fine .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

It's actually more than just the wipers it's all the units for the chassis 12 volt stuff.wipers, dash air and heat etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all the breakers on the converter , but not all the fuses . The 12volt lights are flickering . I have a solar panel system that charges my coach batteries they're showing being charged , but I don't have the basics for the coach . I have headlights the engine starts but no turn signals the Slideoutl will not work and the levelers don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a1999 discovery 36T

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
3/17/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me several mins to type a response.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That sounds good . All my batteries are brand-new. I have two deep cycle for the truck , and for golf cart batteries for the coach. I also have a newer inverter and four solar panels on the roof.

You are going to need a 12 volt test light to see where the problem is at, a 12 volt test light will allow you to check the fuses and breakers to see where you are missing power.

Start at the batteries and check all your cable connections make sure they are clean and tight. Follow the cables and look for breakers near the battery, below is a picture of one style breaker you might find, to test with a test light you want to see voltage on each post. IF one side has no voltage then it is the problem. Look for a battery control box as well near the batteries and inverter turn the ignition key ON and probe each fuse with the test light, again check for any breakers in that box. On some of these older Discoveries there was another fuse bank under the center dash behind a pull out panel so you want to check that area as well. My feelings are with all that is NOT working and some items that are then it could be a tripped breaker and they normally stick that 18" from the battery if not then inside battery control box near the battery. You best friend is going to be a good 12 volt test light as it will allow you to quickly probe each fuse and breaker for power and you will know where the voltage is missing.

Also could be the wiring harness sometimes they will have a male and female plug where they made the connection, if you see any of them pull them apart and make sure they are not corroded.

Just remember when you are using the test light checking for power have the ignition key on as many items will not be hot until the key is on.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...
ROBERT

Breaker....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe I have a good test light... There is a flat fuse mounted in front of all the batteries it says Mexico on it and has a little window... could that possibly be the problem? There are two large cables connected to the one on either side
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, when my motorhome is in storage and I go to use it after a couple days , the breaker on the generator is always popped. every single time and I have to reset it to make it work and he restores all the 110 inside the coach

I doubt it, that is the main fuse for the inverter it should show voltage on each side. That is like a 300-400 amp fuse they use for inverter protection, should not have anything to do with the problem.

Not sure why the generator breaker would be tripping unless it is actually coming on and the system is overloaded then the breaker could trip. I might shut down some breakers in your main panel and see what happens when it sits.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I will start checking with the test light

I actually have a print for a 00 discovery I can let you have a look at, it might be helpful, click HERE my experience is sometimes the electrical does not change much from year to year.... Maybe that will help you out some.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic