RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How much does this service cost? This is a 2011 Big Horn…

Customer Question
How much does this...

How much does this service cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the RV Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

OK. this is a 2011 Big Horn fifth wheel we purchased last November. We lived in it three times for a week and showered. y wife says there was a little wetness on the floor after a showr last time, but yesterday we used it again and water just seeps constantly from under the shower to the floor. Under the camper inside the drain was completely dry as was the water lines. I ran aorta rooter through the drain 4 1/2 feet and pulled a little hair out, and ran it through the sink for 6 1/2 feet and got nothing. ran shower this morning for 3 minutes and same seepage occurred and still dry beneath the floor, but water is seeping through the heat duct in the floor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That should do it. He'll have questions I am sure.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/17/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I am ready.

The nut on the P-trap may be loose OR if you have had freezing weather it may have frozen and cracked. Do you have any access to the underneath of the shower pan from the front or side?

I have access and the trap is dry. I winterised and poured at least 2 or more cups of antifreeze into it.
I ran the shower and could hear and feel water going into the Sewer drain of the RV park and so it is not plugged, but the drain trap is dry underneath the floor.
I see no cracks in the shower base.
Also the water lines leading into it are dry. The floor next to the shower is wet and seeping.
I don't think I can reach the actual base of the shower drain from underneath it. As much as I could feel it seems tight.
I think the water is seeping around the drain, but I cannot explain why the drain pipes are so absolutely dry.

I​t may be seeping down from the fixture in the wall and just coming out there. Happens all the time. Is there any access to the back of the fixture wall?

there is an opening that screws off I have e looked at it. It seems dry. feels dry
But I can only look a short distance and I can not get my arm very far into it, I found the water lines into it under the floor and they are dry too? Weird./

The other place that can leak is up on the roof or around the skylight and leak down inside the walls.

Skylights are notorious for leaking!

Cann one rent a device that looks into it like fiberoptic to see what is going on?
Thanks. I am going elsewhere.

I suppose, but I have never had to do that. In my shop we just know the areas that leak and go from there. No problem! Maybe just have a good mobile tech come over and do this for you. If you allow it to continue it can do a great deal of damage.

Skylight feels completely dry.

I would get some professional assistance on this........and you can submit for a full refund.

Are you saying refund of the 29$ ?

I​ have no idea what you agreed to pay. And yes, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.