RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can't find a slide out motor for a 2002 Komfort travel

Can't find a slide...

Can't find a slide out motor for a 2002 Komfort travel trailer. Have part number and nothing comes up anywhere. The slide out is making a loud clunking noise and won't move properly. Was told there was something wrong with the transmission motor (broken sprocket or barring).

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Comes from the slide out motor. It actually jerks when trying to operate the slide out. Just started happening. Just bought this rv and looks like the rails have been dry and not greased for a long time.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 RV?

27

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have someone looking at it that is rv savy. We just have to order the part.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's if

3/17/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you sure that this isn't just a lubrication issue? Any name on the motor and what number do you have? A photo attached to your post of this would be most helpful. Any name on the switch plate? These slides were made by a number of companies for the various OEMs.

To dark now to take pic. Numbers on motor are part #13-1119 and #k01265p500. Only can find is on slide -beaver dam.

I will be around all day tomorrow. I will see what I can find on those numbers.

Rails and gear are dry and it does need lubrication. I searched all over internet and couldn't find d anything with those numbers.
I would try lubing and moving it in and out but we are living in the rv right now. Afraid it won't go back out

Thetford makes some good lubricants for slide outs. Both for the rails and gear tracks and also for the wiper seals. They are "dry" lubricants and won't attract grease. Most shops carry these or on line in numerous places.

That is an older Power Gear motor. Get some lubrication on those gear tracks and rails and see if this clears this up. Thetford makes good products for this. That motor and gearbox is still out there if you need one. Let me know what happens.

Ok. We'll see what happens. Where did you finally find that motor? I looked all over the net.

It has a different motor and gearbox number than that one. Make sure you actually need one first.

Was it expensive? You would think with the part number it could be easily found. Thanks.

I didn't look up the price. They changed the part number. If you need one I can get you to the correct version. They have several gear ratios for the same motor and gearbox.

See the attached Power Gear Manual for some guidelines. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/drawings/pg-82-S0300-01.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification