RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our awing strap is wound inside the awning at one end. About…

Our awing strap is...

Our awing strap is wound inside the awning at one end. About 2 ft. is out. How do we get the strap out and/or the awning down?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Sunnybrook, 302FKS, 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 RV?

302FKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We’re just trying to get the awning out.

3/16/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Okay

So what you should be able to do is manually grab each awning arm and pull it out and the awning will come out which will allow you to get at the strap once the awning comes down, this will require a person on each side to pull the arms then grab the strap. The other way would be to go to the center of the roller tube with a ladder and manually move the tube until you can get at the strap, the awning strap should slide in a groove in the roller tube so once you can get to the strap you can re-center it on the tube.

IF you are still needing more help on this please send me a photo of the awning, you can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon.

Hope this helps, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a star rating on the page.

Robert

Thank you, ***** ***** got the awning fixed.

Good job....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Thank you, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic