RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Nor old mod n84x-I’m run good on gas,but comes up with ac-HE…

Nor old mod n84x-I’m...

Nor old mod n84x-I’m run good on gas,but comes up with ac-HE on AC power

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

HE code on AC on n84x-IM model

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Winnie 2003 adventurer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself-ac power to plug

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That is usually a sign that the heating element or fuse is bad. Easy to check if you have a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. When I can get to my computer I can get you a copy of the Service Manual for this model. It may be about an hour as I am at my shop right now and Fridays are always busy.

That heating element should read between 43 and 48 ohms when checked between the leads once they are pulled off the control board. Two heavy black leads that come from the element on the flue stack. No polarity. Set the meter on ohms and see what you have. If open or out of range you need a new heating element. I would need the watts off the top of it by the wires so I can get you the correct part number. Easy to change out. Takes about 15 minutes. Hope that points you in the right direction. Please get back to me if we need to go deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Thank you element is ordered

You are most welcome! Please see the attached link for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual that is used for this model. Print this out so you have it. Lots of good information in there! Get back to me later if you need more help. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Y​ou are most welcome! Please see the attached link for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for this model. Print this out so you have it. Good stuff in there! Please get back to me if you need more later. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification