RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 Fleetwood expedition. Can't get power to my…

I have a 2001 Fleetwood...
I have a 2001 Fleetwood expedition. Can't get power to my fresh water pump. Had power before I changed out pump. It's just a red and black wire so it's hooked up the way it was. Is there a fuse somewhere, if so WHERE. THANKS
3/16/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Well let me know what you need. Thanks

Some are at the pump and some are in the load center where all the rest of the fuses and breakers are. You may have shorted out the hot lead accidently. Always possible that the pump is not working as well and checking it with a 12 VDC battery can tell you that. Bad pumps are rare, but it can happen.

Before when I turned the pump switch on the red light will come on, it's not doing that anymore so I figured it was a fuse. I looked at my fuses and can't see a water pump fuse, maybe labeled as something else

You might want to contac Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and get a complete set of wiring diagrams for this coach. Very helpful to have in times like this. Might be on another circuit. Test them all. Be prepared to give Fleetwood your FIN number as that is how these are kept. If you have or can come up with a 12 VDC test light we can test the switch and see if that went south for some reason. About $10 or so at most hardware stores.

Was hoping you could tell me where the fuse was.

There is no one "standard" location and there are way too many makes and models out there to recall them all from memory. Even in my shop we have to look for them. I don't have access to those diagrams, but you do and you should have them on hand anyway. I guarantee you will need them again some day. We see dozens of questions like this every day.

I'm sure I'll need them again to. But hey, have a great day and thank you

You are most welcome! Get back to me once you get those if you need help with the trouble shooting. We can do most any issue with a test light or small digital multimeter. From simple to the complex. One reason our site is so popular! And you have a great day as well!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification