RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do you remove the cover of the dash without breaking the…

Customer Question
How do you remove...

How do you remove the cover of the dash without breaking the plastic? I need to access the back of the radio and wiring. Does it un hook?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

The radio was not fully inserted into the dash by the dealer. They are to far away for me to run it there. Just need to be able to remove the top if possible. Thanks Buzz Wilson

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassitor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had to repair a dozen things because the dealer never fixed them when we bought the unit new. I am very able to fix most things but had concern about removing the top of the dash without some guidance. BW

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but thanks for asking!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is someone working on my question?
Answered in 5 days by:
3/21/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, my info is not showing how this is removed.I know some can be clipped into place and slight pressure can pop off the dash cover while others have screws/bolts that hold it down.If you see a gap between the plate and dash you can carefully try a flat blade tool to see if it pops off easily.If this does not work let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete