RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2018 Alpine 3400RS 5th wheel. Just bought it. It…

Customer Question
I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 Alpine 3400RS 5th wheel. Just bought it. It has a tv in the bedroom and living room. I pushed he button behind the bedroom tv and turned the booster off. Te bedroom tv did a channel scan and is clear as a bell. The living room tv is not clear at all. What am I doing wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

What car?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

2018 Alpine 3400RS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is nothing wrong with the RV. It is the tv

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let me make it clear. We just bought a 2018 Keystone Alpine 5th wheel 3400rs with Furrion TV. The tv in the living room is not clear, but the one in the bedroom is. They are on cable.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Is the question going to be answered?
3/16/2018
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

You are connected to cable TV and the antenna booster is off. One TV shows static and the other does not, correct?

the booster in the bedroom is off and there is not one in the livingroom

Sounds like the coax cable to the living room TV is just not making a good enough connection. Can you unscrew it from the RV and from the TV then reconnect and see if that resolves the issue. Make sure the living room TV is set to cable before doing a channel scan. Let me know the results.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris