RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fridge flashs e-1 turn it off and back on ok sometimes for…

Fridge flashs e-1...

Fridge flashs e-1 turn it off and back on ok sometimes for days sometimes only an hour. also noticed when lights in bathroom are on and fridge door is opened the lights in bathroom brighten. replaced battery still doing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

09 forest river cardinal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have checked fuses and wire connections. this happens on gas or auto setting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure of connection to bathroom light

3/15/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge???

Robert

dometic book ha stwo model numbers on it rm3762 and rm3962 not sure which one it is

OK

That is good, please give me several mins to type a response...

Thanks. Robert

books troubleshooting says e1 is a communication error

Let me ask you this, are you plugged into power all the time when this is happening OR does this happen as well when you are unplugged?

Robert

both

OK

The E-1 code is Hardware fault in the gas operation system. Test Upper and lower controls, Solenoid, wire harness, clean all grounds and try a different DC power source.

The E-0 code is No communication between display and power modules. The control system will revert to full automatic operation selecting the best energy source available with AC, GAS priority. The temperature setting will be maintained at the mid position. The power module will continually attempt to reestablish operation of the display module. Test Cable, Upper LED display panel, Lower board, clean all grounds, and try a different DC power source. If problem still exist change lower control board.

Want to be sure it is E-1...... Robert

almost all times it is plugged in but we were traveling down south last week and it did go off once while traveling
it always says e1

The reason I ask about if it happens plugged in is because if the power converter was putting out dirty voltage or AC ripple it can cause problems. To rule that out you can get a volt meter and check for AC voltage where the DC wires are hooked up to the back of the fridge, it should not be over 6 volts, if so there is an issue with the converter.

IF this truly is an E-1 fault and it is happening on both modes it could be the thermistor, have seen that before on this model. I am going to give you a service manual to help you out. I would check for AC voltage on the DC terminal block and then I would ohm out the thermistor to see if it is good. You can even pull the thermistor and stick it out the door and see if the problem stops.

IF it is a E-0 code start by checking all the connections at the circuit board under the outside access panel. make sure everything is plugged in and nothing is loose.

What catches my attention is the bathroom light getting brighter, if plugged in and that is happening it very well could be the converter is not putting out the right voltage or AC ripple. The manual should help you out more, Click HERE for that.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic