RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

In cold weather the water heater will not get hot with just…

In cold weather the...

In cold weather the water heater will not get hot with just electric. Is it normal to have to use propane in cold weather?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2018 premier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Premier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checking myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

3/15/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Normally the electric side is a supplement to the LP. Meaning it takes a very long time to heat up, the colder the longer it is going to take, plus it takes longer to re-heat. It is good once it is up to temp for doing a few dishes, washing hands etc. SO It is totally fine to use BOTH at the same time for quicker recovery, the LP will heat the water much faster then the electric heating element. The colder the water the longer it takes so I would be using the LP function.....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks

No problem at all please feel free to contact me if you have more questions or concerns.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Thank you. Robert