RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We just purchased five Heritage bighorns 39 Footers they…

Customer Question
We just purchased five...

We just purchased five Heritage bighorns 39 Footers they have Dometic thermostats and some of them won't let the furnace run it doesn't even show it on the thermostat anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Heritage?

We just purchased them this last couple weeks so they're either 17 or 18

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Heritage yourself? What have you tried so far?

I work for the company that purchased them we are from Phoenix Arizona and we have work out in Texas and we purchase them to move out to Texas or Cruz can live in them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Two of the fridges out of the five units keep turning themselves on and off we've lost food multiple times we were told that we would possibly get someone from Heritage to come out to Texas to help us take care of these but so far that hasn't happened

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

If we are working on 5 different units here with multiple issues we definitely need to have a phone conversation or two about all this. I don't mind that and I have an RV shop and work on these all the time. If you want to do this in a text format let me know and I can opt out and let another tech give you some help if they want. We generally only work on one problem at a time here.

I'm in Kermit Texas with these trailers and I would love to have a conversation with you on the phone if we could do that tomorrow that would be awesome it's 10 p.m. here right now

I​ would need the make and model of each fridge that is having issues and same on the A/C units and style of thermostats. Model of each would help as well. Both Coleman and Dometic make various versions of these. Tomorrow is fine. I am in California. This gives you time to gather up the information on these.

if I can I'll reach out to you tomorrow and talk to you tomorrow thank you sir you have a fine evening whatever part of the country you're in.

Thanks! I am in California and get up early. Any time after 6 a.m. my time works.

The fridges are Dramatics the serial number is ***** the model number is ***** slm SSX and the thermostat is a three-button Dometic

So all of the fridges are Dometic RM1350 models and the thermostats are Dometic Single Zone digital thermostats? Do you have the User's Manual for these? And I can start by attaching a link here to the RM1350 Service Manual. I would print out one for each unit and keep them handy. I need to know if any of these fridges are installed in a slide out room. This tends to lead to more issues due to improper installation. And ALL of the fridges HAVE to be kept level at all times when they are in use! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

all the fridges are on slide outs and I will check in the morning to for levelness and I have the user manuals on flash drives I will definitely look forward to using your help to get everything finished tomorrow I will pay for the phone calls no problem obviously sounds like you definitely know what you're talking about
I'll reach out to you tomorrow thank you sir have a very good evening

I need you to take some photos of the UPPER vent areas with the cover removed for each one. It will take a ladder to get those. I do have a Master Tech Certification and have been on this site for over 8 years and have assisted over 25,000 customers during that time. I teach RV Preventative Maintenance at a local JC. Well versed on these appliances!

Sounds great talk to you tomorrow

10-4