RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I attach pictures of my pump, main pum p switch and a hit…

I attach pictures of my...
I attach pictures of my pump, main pum p switch and a hit wire and ground that come off the pump into bathroom...no switch. What do these wires, when properly switched do and what kind of switch? I can't get photos to upload.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I only see a picture of the monitor panel where the switch is located, do you have another switch for the water pump?

Robert

I got the pictures, does the black and white go directly to the pump (the wires with the spade connectors on them)

Robert

OK

So on a single switch you would have ground going right to the pump and the positive or wire that carries the voltage would go through the switch. See picture below, you might need to wire it up that way and install a switch in-line.

So if on the wires you have the black and white see which one is hot, then if you install a switch hook the hot to the switch and extend the ground or use a jumper at the switch to tie the ground together and go to the pump.

Hope that makes sense.

This is in addition to main switch?
The black is hot
The white is not

Right so in theory if you ran a jumper to the pump wires it should run, install a switch going through the positive and it should allow you to turn it on and off.

The problem here is sometimes when more then one switch is used they will throw in a latching relay, I do not know if that was the case and it was removed but anytime you have more then one switch that relay is used but it can be eliminated for just a single switch. Click HERE to see what that relay looks like.....

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks

No problem at all....

Robert