RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic Model RM2652 Fre. Refrigerator compartment Freezes.

Customer Question
Dometic Model RM2652 Fre ...

Dometic Model RM2652 Fre

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Refrigerator compartment Freezes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2006 26' Trail Lite Refrigerator is Dometic Mod. 2652

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

No lights, Refrigerator compartment freezes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I checked the Thermistor and it is reading 10,000 ohms

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So you are saying the fridge is freezing everything in the box??? Have you tried it on BOTH LP and AC power and do you get the same results.

Robert

No I have just tried it on AC

OK

Give me a few mins to type a response....

no

I would see what it does on LP, if it does the same thing it really sounds like the circuit board since you ohmed out the thermistor and it is in range. Need to make sure the connector going into the P-2 connector on the board is not loose at all, if that came loose the board would sense that and the fridge would go to FULL cooling and freeze everything in the box.

SO I would try it on LP, same results I would replace the circuit board and put a new thermistor in at the same time, that should take care of the problem.

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... Robert

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert