RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Slide out isn't working, mech says needs new slide out

Slide out isn't working...

Slide out isn't working, mech says needs new slide out actuator. Looking for right part so I can shop around

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2010 cougar 30BHS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think I'll try, the labor rates are outragous

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/14/2018
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne. I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

What is the make and model of your slide out ??

2010 cougar 30BHS
Would like to know if I can find part on net and do it myself
You there??
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi. Randall here and I have an RV shop and can assist you in doing this yourself.

I just want to know how I can find out the right part and instructions for doing it myself

Does this have an accuator shaft that comes out next to the gear track under the room? Large nut on either side of the shaft?

I can get you to the correct parts and procedure for this, but I need to know which version you have. There are a number of these made by several companies. A photo of that end of the shaft would be helpful.

Take a look underneath back towards the other side of the underbelly and tell me if there is a small panel on there that is removable. If not, you can make one so you can access the motor and gearbox.

its at the shop now, cant get to it right now. Is there not a standard part that goes with this make model? Like a car?
Can I get back with you tomorrow with a picture?

No. There are a number of versions of this same design. Different shaft lengths and gear box ratios. They all replace and adjust the same however. Not hard to get out and it should take about an hour. Tomorrow is fine. I am here every day.

Thanks sir

You are most welcome! Please see the attached manual link. This should be yours or very similar. The part numbers are on the motor and gearbox. Once you get that out it is not hard to get the correct parts and replace this. It will save you a bunch of $$$. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Electric-Through-Frame-Slide-Out-Manual.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification