RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to know which is a better made motorhome and which…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know which is a better made motorhome and which would be a better investment and why. 1995 Flexall Aerbus S533 100,000 miles or a 1997 Fleetwood Bounder 26,000 accident showed up on the VHR

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

100000 0n one and 26000 on the other These are Class A motorhomes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can I please hear from the expert now. Nothing is wrong with them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am looking to save money

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
3/14/2018
RV Mechanic: don, RV Owner replied 1 month ago
don
don, RV Owner

hi there my name is done i will help you on this

the Flexall is the better choice as it is powered by a 360 ford engine on a ford chassis F700

the fleetwood had a history of bad gas engines 454 to be exact and they fail as the crank shaft breaks

plus the accident report has put up a red flag tro me

i have also been a accident and claims investigator

this is how it was explained to me you may have been hit in the back but there is a ripple effect through out the whole vehicle and if it does not show up during the accident it may later down the road.

donot touch the bounder if it has the 454 gas engine

if it was my choice based on reports i have seen the ford 360 and 460 have excellent reports

are these units gas or diesel ?

plus 1997 is 20 years old so it tells me that it only went 1300 miles per year

hope this helps you

also inquire about service records

plus you are spending lot of money ask them to take an oil sample or have your mechanic take one and have the lab look at it it will tell you in advance if there is some failure starting in the engine it cost about 20.00 and well worth it

Have a great night Don

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Bounder is a Ford which I heard is expensive to repair.

hi there thanks for that information

most people i have spoken with that had the bounder

it was on a p50 chassis with a 454 in it however my feeling is that you would be better with the Flexall

Don

hi there again

i just did some research on the fleetwood bounder model M28T and it does have a ford 460 engine as well

the most common is the chev unit

so sorry for my mistake

so now we are comparing almost the identical units

i have heard the same thing about the fleetwood

i would still be concerned about the accident , when i look at the reviews on both units there is more pros than cons comparing the two units

so like i mentioned if it was me i would chose the Flexall

Don

I also looked at other reviews and they all said that the Flexall is better built than most motor homes

have a great night

Don

Thank you

Morning

was there any more information you need ?

Have a great day

Don

don
don
don, RV Owner