RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My dometic power awning will not move with either the

Hello, my dometic power...

Hello, my dometic power awning will not move with either the switches or the key fob. the power light is flashing and none of the wind sensor lights are lit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes, both of them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2007 Fleetwood Discovery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I've tried unplugging the control box and leaving it unplugged for a while. still just the flashing power light. the wind sensor sensitivity button does not make the lights for the sensor come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

3/14/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Sometimes, the wind sensor gets water in it and shorts out and causes this. Try unplugging it and see if the awning works. Is this an Elite model and do you have the User's Manual for it?

Good morning, I unplugged the wind sensor and no change. I left it unplugged and unplugged the power waited a bit then plugged the power back in. No change. It is not an elite. I do have the owner’s manual.

Which model is this?

Hello again. I figured it out, low voltage. I must have a problem with my inverter. Plugged in the panel showed 7 volts. After heading to camp with a two plus hour drive the panel shows 13 volts, the power light on the awning is not blinking and the awning works.

That will do it every time! Make sure you load test the batteries at least once a year and keep the cable connections clean and water levels up. Most of the electrical issues we see here are battery related. Get back to me if you need more later. No time limit on follow ups.

J​ust checking back in to make sure everything is still working as it should. All good still?

It is, thank you.
It appears my 30 to 50 amp adapter was only half my coach and thus not charging the house batteries.

That is kind of unusual as they try to put the charging on the side that will receive power even on an adapter. You can switch the leads from one side to the other to prevent that from happening. And you are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service at Just Answer.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification