RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My rv frig quit check and thermal fuse didn't work so I

My rv frig quit...

My rv frig quit check and thermal fuse didn't work so I bypassed it anf the lights came on but still don't cool

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

The main fuse panel does'nt have a fuse for frig, but i check and there was 13.5 volts at the thermal fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

2005 forest river georgetown II

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I checked the batteries they are ok show 13.5 volts checked at the fuse box and it's ok 13.5 volts checked at the thermal fuse have 13.5 volts coming in but nothing going out so i bypassed it and still no cool but the lights are on in the frig

3/13/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your fridge? Open up the outside inspection cover and tell me if you see any yellowish debris there around the base of the burner.

Model RM2862 some faded yellowish junk

Not good news! That is the "pepto bismal" of the cooling unit and shows it is leaking. The fix is to replace the cooling unit which usually runs about $800 or so including labor OR buy a new fridge. That is going to be about $1,200 or so. I can instruct you in the rebuilding if you are somewhat handy with tools. Not hard. I think the cooling unit is somewhere about $500 for an Amish new one. Rebuilts are iffy! Sorry that wasn't good news, but this is a pretty common problem in these as they age. I rebuild them in my shop all the time. Hope that helps point you in the right direction. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Did you get my message on model & debris

Yes. And made a response at 11:05

Were you able to find my response? I said that this shows the cooling unit has failed and needs to be replaced or a new fridge. I can direct you in the rebuilding if you want. Not that hard.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification