RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Mach RV Comfort Thermostat was working 2 days ago.

Customer Question
My Coleman Mach RV...

My Coleman Mach RV Comfort Thermostat was working 2 days ago. Yesterday morning I ran out of propane so it was not kicking in. I replaced the propane tank and now the fan is kicking in periodically but no heat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level for the furnace?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2007 kHz-Montego Bat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

It’s 3 am in the morning. I woke to frost on my nose. Right now I’m trying to decipher what the issue is and whether I can repair myself or if I need to call in a technician.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure what else there is to know. I’m a new RV owner/liver. All I know is it is very cold and I am wrapped in blankets to keep warm.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
3/13/2018
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does the stove light?

Let me know, thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I made sure there was propane and the stove would light.

Does the stove still light now with the heater not working at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Stove lights. Thermostat is only kicking on when I push it between auto and on. Fan starts but no heat.

Do you hear the igniter clicking/ticking when the furnace is on like its trying to light the furnace at all?The fan should come on then you should hear a rapid clicking noise like its trying to light.

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I don’t hear a rapid clicking. Just the fan blowing.

O.k. so the igniter is not trying to light the fuel and most likely the fuel control valve is not turning on as well.Most likely a fault code is set in the furnace control unit keeping it from lighting up due to running out of propane.Unfortunately, there are different procedures and ways to reset the code depending on the model and my info is not showing how this is done on your model.But you will need to have the fault code cleared out to then allow the furnace to light again.I don't see this as a component at fault just a code that needs to be cleared or reset done to allow it to start again and operate.The best thing you can do here is to contact a Technician to come out to reset this or see if a technician can tell you over the phone how to reset it.Most likely they will need to come out and do this.You can also try to disconnect the shore power ( if plugged in ) and batteries for about 5 minutes and reconnect it and see if it resets this way as this sometimes works as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician