RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 2007 Montanna 3075RL. Have a 2007 Montana 3075RL.

Customer Question
Have a 2007 Montanna...

Have a 2007 Montanna 3075RL

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Have a 2007 Montana 3075RL. When I took the camper cover off this weekend I noticed that the front bed room slide was out at the bottom about 6" and tight at the top. Following an inspection from the inside it is very easy to push out on the top that will even the bottom distance to the top distance that is outward but when you let go the top comes back in. In order to pull camper out of yard I blocked up undernetgeth the bottom of the slide on either side of the bed. To hold the slide vertically until I could pull unit in driveway. I have taken the mattress and plywood off the bed to allow for inspection of the hydraulic cylinder and heavy steel framing that appears to support the slide onbut I do not see anything wrong or where the problem lies can you tell me what the issue is or what would cause this. To the best of my knowledge the slide was completely closed prior to putting away.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i would like to fix my self once I determine what the issue is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think I have provided everything thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/13/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That is usually just an adjustment unless you have some water damage tat is allowing the room to shift on the arms. Can you add a photo of that area where the arms attach to the room?

I sent a few pictures
There is no water damage on unit
ED9640E0-0513-4DEA-8F89...jpegED9640...jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg