RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Getting excessive flames inside burner box of my fridge.

Getting excessive flames inside...

Getting excessive flames inside burner box of my fridge

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2014 jay flught

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 RV?

267bhs jay flight swift

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes/ i replaced gas solenoid and blew out the fire box

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No

3/12/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge???

Robert

Norcold

OK

Give me several mins to type a response...

Thanks.... Robert

So What I would do is make sure the burner tube is clean, it sits below the electrode or what sparks, if something was inside of that it could cause issues, I would also clean the flue canister out, you may have done these things but want to stress how important it is for the burner tube and flue to be clean.

Next I would pull the gas orifice and soak it in alcohol OR replace it, if it was gummed up it could cause this issue.

Make sure you also have good DC voltage going into the circuit board as well as low voltage and cause problems.

Finally I might have the SYSTEM pressure checked with a manometer, to make sure it is in range, that takes about 1/2 hour in the shop to check line pressure and do a leak down test.

IF you can get me the model number of the Norcold I may be able to get a service manual for you, IF you have other questions or concerns please feel free to follow up.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Thanks I'll that

No problem at all, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, you can still follow up with me as needed.

Robert

I see you opened a new question, if you still need more help on this please respond back here, follow ups are included.

Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer was helpful??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert

got it fixed

Good job, if you are satisfied with my efforts please take the time to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get "credit" for helping out....

Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic