RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold NRF-45 refrigerator that has stopped

Customer Question
I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold NRF-45 refrigerator that has stopped working. Any way to have it repaired? I talked to Camping World in Cocoa, Florida and they indicate these refrigerators cannot be repaired!

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a NRF-45. It was installed in my 2014 Winnebago Journey when I bought it. The info tag has no date of production.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The last time I used it, it worked just fine. It sat for a couple of months and now it doesn't work. The lights come on, and the temperature reading is visible, but I do not hear the fan running and it does not cool. Is there some sort of fuse that can be checked?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/12/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

They can be serviced by a Dometic Service Center. Google that for your area and it will come up with a number. I know there is at least one in Florida. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our one time fee.

S​orry for that typo............that should have been a Norcold Service Center. Use the attached link for finding one in your area. http://www.thetford.com/customer-support/dealer-and-service-center-locator/