RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2008 Freightliner chassis with the 300 Hp diesel.

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Freightliner chassis with the 300 Hp diesel. the check engine light came on and remains on. there is no loss of power, i have checked all the fluids. what else might be the pproblem

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked all the fluids as told to do by a cummings mechanic

3/12/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

EGR valve failure or carbon build up in the intake ports was a common issue to turn on this light.But there are several other causes for this light to come on that would not cause any running issues from a failed intake air temp sensor,faulty reading mass air flow sensor ( with no running issues ), etc.These are the common causes for this issue here.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can plug into your model and can read all computers ( especially the engine computer ) to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will then need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.There will be at least one code set that will need diagnosed for this fault.

A shop or dealer can read out and diagnose the code as well as repair it for a fee.A local parts store can usually read out the fault codes at no charge to you.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but they can give you an idea of what is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician