RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a RPD215 Fridge. on the back terminal block there is…

Customer Question
I have a RPD215...

I have a RPD215 Fridge . on the back terminal block there is a wire off terminal P. I was wondering what this wire is off for and what it does. it is possible that it may have fallen off in transit

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

It is in a caravan purchased in October 2016 Waeco RPD215 fridge freezser

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Caravan?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just opened the inspection door behind the fridge and spotted the wire off the second bottom terminal. I didnt want to reconnect it as i dont know if it is supposed to be off or not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The second bottom terminal is P and the bottom terminal is T

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
3/12/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! I am in California and it is still early here. Does this wire have a cap on it or not? If the wire is bare on the end I suspect it should be hooked up, but the test is to find out if it works fine without it. This model is set up to work on either 12 VDC or 24 VDC and that may be the power source for the one you don't have. It also may be a lead to the key switch as many of these won't work in 12 VDC mode unless there is a signal wire from the generator. Otherwise on 12 VDC mode it would run the batteries down very quickly. I did look at the Installation Manual for this and the wiring is not shown. You may need to double check with a local dealer or make a call to Waeco/Dometic in your area and ask them. Hope that gives you some direction here. Just didn't want you to think we hadn't seen your question. Please get back to me later if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!