RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 Sunnybrook 5th Wheel, and the spare tire hoist…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Sunnybrook 5th Wheel, and the spare tire hoist mechanism under the rear end of the coach is frozen up. I need a new hoist and don't know who makes it or how to buy it.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

I don't care about the tires

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Sunnybrook Titan 31BWKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing . . . I can't fix it until I get a new winch mechanism

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Those are not used any longer and may be hard to find, but most pickups use that same style. Most spare tires now mount on the rear bumper with a spare tire attachment so you don't have to crawl underneath there any longer. Most RV shops have one or sell them. I can get you several brands and part numbers. Give me about 20 minutes as I am in the middle of supper.

I'm pretty sure the bumper is plastic and won't support the tire. Go ahead & eat. Get back to me when ever you can. I've found numerous pickup hoists but none match the bolt to the frame pattern so won't work.

It may have a plastic cover over it or perhaps fiberglass, but there is a 4" square metal tube there someplace in most all of these. Has to have something there by code.

S​ee if you can squirt some PB Blaster down into that area and loosen it up. Unless you can get to it from underneath.

Done

Thanks for letting me know.