RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have noticed water along the side wall on the floor

We have noticed water...

We have noticed water along the side wall on the floor between the shower and the bed at the bedroom slide. Husband has removed the shower, but it is not coming from the shower. The water runs along the wall and the top of the basement door. Could it be the air conditioner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Nope

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 heartland big country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Husband has removed the shower, but wall behind the shower was completely dry. He is checking the air conditioner as we speak. Is there a drain line in the ac that could create this problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I signed up last night. Do I need to again

3/11/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

S​orry for the delay in someone getting to your question! We are short handed this afternoon and it has been very busy. Most of the time it is going to be around the slide out unless this is an outside wall. Sometimes the roof leaks and it runs out from another place once it runs across the ceiling. I have an RV repair shop and do these repairs all the time. It can be tough in some cases to track down the source of the leak. He should examine the roof carefully on all the sealing. On the A/C it can leak down into the roof cavity IF the drain pan is clogged. That is on the condenser side to the front on the driver's side once you remove the cover and the cover over the condenser area.

The ac closest to the water leak is in the bedroom. There bedroom is a slide in the front of the fifth wheel. The water runs between the shower and the bed and outside along the top of the basement door. On the door it drips into the basement. I hope this is making sense to you. Husband removed the shower and the floor behind the shower is dry as a bone. The only water is next to the base of the shower.

Was it leaking out of the P-trap under the shower pan? The A/C water runs off the side or back of the roof.

C​an you add a photo of that area to your post?

Not now as I am away from the house. I need to get my husband on here instead of me. I will try again tomorrow when I am at home. I appreciate your time and your responses. I will ask my husband to call you tomorrow.

O​.K...........I am here every day. I will make a phone chat offer for you at my shop. Only $9 more and no time limits.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
That sounds great. How do we do that?

Have him call me whenever it is good for him.