RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus and I would like to know…

We have a 2007...

We have a 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus and I would like to know if I should preventatively replace the water pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Sorry, I am talking about the RV water pump, which circulates water to the faucets and toilet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 RV?

Allegro Bus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just wondering if I should change the pump out to prevent any problems on the road. No problems yet, although a few times we the toilet didn't have water, but it corrected itself shortly, which I thought could be not enough water in the lines after winterized.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

3/11/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It would not be bad to have one ON hand in case the current one fails, I have seen water pumps last for many, many years and others that fail out of the box. IF it is working good now and making good water pressure then I would not replace it but have one on hand just in case, they are pretty easy to change out as well. I would inspect the inlet of your water pump and see if the RV manufacturer installed a trainer, it will be a clear plastic cap and inside is a screen, want to make sure the screen is clear if you have that. It was an option to put that inlet strainer on there so you may or may not have it.

Hope this helps out, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Good advice. Thanks so much!

No problem at all have a great weekend...

Thank you.... Robert