RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Just bought a 78 dodge Executive motor home. Got stuck in…

Just bought a 78...

Just bought a 78 dodge Executive motor home. Got stuck in the mud. Blew a transmission line. Can not find in all the paper work. What type and how many I need. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Not for sure. It is empty now ran out when line blew.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '78 Dodge?

The Executive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced line. now need to and fluid.. need type and how manny.

3/11/2018
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I would use atf +4 for Chrysler

The transmission holds about 12 qts empty and you could never blow all fluid out even if you tried I would pick up 6 qts

Add one quart at a time, then put in reverse then drive for about 5 seconds each

check fluid and repeat until you get to the low mark on stick

DO NOT OVERFILL there is not a easy way to get fluid back out without making a mess.

Then drive unit until warm and recheck/add fluid as needed.

**********Please don’t forget to rate or accept the answer in a positive way, .**********
EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank You

This came to my number in error I’m sure. I don’t have an RV. And did not ask a qyestion

I'm sorry this happened to you I will send to customer service so you don't get charged.

Have a great day and Thanks for letting me know!

spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic