RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My parents are stuck in texas. They spent the night in a rv…

My parents are stuck...

My parents are stuck in texas. They spent the night in a rv spot and when they arrived to thier next destination, there is no ac or dc. Powerless

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Freon in the electrical system?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2006 Tiffan Phateom (?)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing. dont know where to look first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My parents are 76 & 81 years old and its hot in texas. any help would be appreciated

3/11/2018
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I must say this might take some going back and forth....

Can they start the generator and if they can does everything work, also on the dash by the drivers console should be a battery boost switch, have them hold that down for 30 seconds and while holding see if the generator will start....

IF you want to do a call please let me know, it may be better as allot to cover here....

Robert

im relaying the message..

Without AC power the DC power will not work, if the engine starts and they can get the generator going it may charge the batteries...

Robert

generator starts but no juice to system. no juice when plugged into wall outlet either

OK

Give me several mins to type a response, actually allot to cover here.

IF the generator DOES run verify if they have power at the outlets, microwave, TV'S

IF they do NOT have power have them check the breakers ON the generator, most generators will have one or two breakers on them..... IF the breakers are not tripped then bad Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) It detects the incoming power source ans switches back and forth between generator AC power and Shore power.

IF the outlets ARE working but they have NO DC power then the problem may be the inverter, it takes the AC power and charges the battery. OR it is possible they have a bad disconnect solenoid, near the entry door should be a disconnect switch for the DC power, you hit that switch and it energizes a solenoid, once again that would be something to look at if they have ALL the AC power....

Let me know, a call might be faster...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page... Robert

Was just checking in to see if you needed more help on this? IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic