RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Whrte is the inverter on the 2017 holiday rambler vacationer…

Whrte is the inverter...

Whrte is the inverter on the 2017 holiday rambler vacationer xe 32s

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Rambler?

Xe 32s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are getting a fault error on the inverter on/off box. The inverter light does noy turnon when the genetator or shore power is on. We have tje generator running and the ac in light is flashong green while the fault light Blinks red

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

I have reset breakers. Does the same thing when plugged into shore power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We are traveling right now but can pull over if needed

3/10/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Most are mounted down by the coach batteries. About the size of a shoebox. Sounds like you need to have the batteries load tested to be sure those are not the issue. Or they may be low on water. Most batteries start to fail about 3 years old, but it can be any time and then the inverter won't function. Be sure that the batteries are "in the loop" and that the switch is in the "Use" position. Hope that points you in the right direction. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I looked for an inverter by the batteries. I couldn't see anything like that. I will look again and check the battery water.

Usually black or green and white. Made by Xantrex or Magnum. Some older units are still out there, but the company was bought out by Xantrex.

One of the heavy red cables from the batteries goes right to it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think i found it. It was a shoebox size thing thay had a big red button. I should have taken a picture. It was by the propane tank.

A photo would be good. Attach it to your post using the paperclip icon.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is what I found on the side opposite the batteries
20180310_180111.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_180100.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_180106.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_180051.jpg2018031...jpg

Two gray covered cables and two black covered cables. Huge "+" on there an "-" on there. 3rd photo.

Did you check that big red switch to see if that is even turned on? The red "+" cable comes off that right to the inverter.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I even turned it off and back on. I opened the box behind the red knob and checked the fuzes in there. None appeared broken. I cant find the fuses for the tvs and refrigerator.
152082279098985998472.jpg1520822...jpg15208228225212049575873.jpg1520822...jpg15208228654641178358786.jpg1520822...jpg15208228890221714996311.jpg1520822...jpg

What is the make and model of the fridge? The tvs are on 120 VAC and on the inverter circuit. Did you check the reset on the inverter? And do you have or can you get a small digital multimeter so we can see if there is any power getting to the inverter? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. This would take just a few minutes.

That fridge runs off the inverter. And that is a 12 VDC test light. You need a small digital multimeter for checking the voltage at the batteries and at the inverter. Are you plugged into shore power or running the generator? If on shore power, any adapter being used?

Did you have the batteries load tested or not? That is one thing that has to be checked here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are hoping to get someone out here tomorrow to take a look. That person should be able to answer all of these questions. We are on shore power, with the 50 AMP adapter. At this point, I guess we have done all we can do until we get the person out tomorrow. The box on the right in the inverter area does have a green flashing light, but that is all I can tell. It sounds like we have to get a real person looking at it since you have now reached my mechanical limit. Thanks for your help. I consider all of the information you have given worth the time and energy. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

Are you using an adapter from 50 amps down to 30 amps on the cord? If so, you are going to lose about 1/2 of your circuits.

Please let me know what it turns out to be and get back to me if you need more tomorrow. I am around every day. And you are quite welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Our shore connection is 50 AMP to 50 AMP - no adapter. And it is turned on :-)

O.K.........just checking.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification