RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2006 coachman aurora, no power to motor. Consistent. Trying…

Customer Question
2006 coachman aurora, no...

2006 coachman aurora, no power to jack motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aurora yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to locate reset switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No,thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/10/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

To just one motor? Whose leveling system do you have on here? There should be a name and most of the time a number on the touch pad.

power gear(###) ###-#### one motor
no thank you

More than likely, that is a bad connection at the motor. Sometimes in the shop we can just disconnect that at the jack harness and plug it back in again and that solves it. If not, then take a small digital multimeter and see if you are getting good voltage (over 12 VDC) to that motor. If so, it may be the contacts inside or the motor itself may have gone south. Most hardware stores sell these for about $20 or so and they are easy to use. They come with instructions and I can direct you in the testing. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

no voltage to motor

G​o back up to the control and check the connections there. See the attached Service Manual which covers this system and control board. Do these steps and let me know what you find. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Power%20Gear/pg_82_L0506.pdf

Print this out so you have it. Pages 22-28 for trouble shooting.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to track down the problem or do you still need some help here?