RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have 2006 holiday rambler I'm trying to locate the

Customer Question
I have 2006 holiday...

I have 2006 holiday rambler I'm trying to locate the transmission control module

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Can you point me in the right direction of the tcm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Rambler?

Neptune

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I think I have blown the fuse in the control module

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
3/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the issue that you are having is the transmission control pad dead?

Robert

Transmission control module will not communicate with the ECM

OK....

That is a shift by wire set up, click HERE to view, may help you out.

AS far as location they moved that from year to year on the Monaco's I have seen it under the shift pad mounted to the dash floor, in an outside storage compartment or mounted on a rear frame rail or under the interior engine access panel mounted to the frame, try and follow the harness for the shift pad as that should go right to it.

Hope this helps some... Robert

If there is no power to the Shift-by-Wire System when the ignition is on, check the following fuses and connections at the front distribution panel located below the driver’s window:

• Check the fuse inside the bay door to the right. The fuse holder is labeled “TRANS 15.”

Check ignition fuses on electrical panel.

• Check the grounds located at the ground posts on the right side of the fuse panel. Remove the Shift Selector from the Console (two U-brackets from underneath) and check to see of the connector in the back is firmly plugged in. If so, run a continuity check of each of the wires listed above. If the display still does not illuminate, replace the Shift Selector. If the Shift Selector display illuminates and the transmission does not shift into the various ranges, inspect the two connectors on the Actuator Assembly on the left side of the transmission. One is on a pigtail, and the other is plugged directly into the position sensor. Ensure both connectors are in good condition (no pushed out pins or damage) and properly connected.

Are talking about the engine bay door

Normally there is an engine access in the bedroom/closet area and sometimes they are mounted off to the side under that engine access. IT changed from year to year and model to model, hard to recall each particular year, it should say Alison on it and have 6 or 8 bolts on the cover.

Robert

Any other suggestions

Maybe try and call HR tech support with the coach number they should be able to tell you exact location, if you need that number let me know.

Robert

Tech support is(###) ###-####/p>

No help there

I will put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will know exact location... My goal is for you to be satisfied. I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily..

Robert

Thank you