RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I'm trying to remove the hydraulic cylinder that operates my…

I'm trying to remove...

I'm trying to remove the hydraulic cylinder that operates my LR slide. How do I do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2002 Itasca 36' with 2 slides

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 RV?

I think its a Sun Cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

With the help of a local RV man who is sick so I'm trying to get the part off so I can get the new one to have ready for him

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all

3/9/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

what do you need?

Is this an HWH system? If so, I would contract HWH Customer Service as they have a lot of different systems and they would know exactly which one they put in that coach. Each OEM has some variations they ask for. Just didn't want you to think nobody saw your question. Once you know that you can always return here for more information if you need that. No time limit and all follow ups are included in our one time fee.

I can give you a call later, but it would be more productive for you to discuss this with HWH first and get the information on the system you have.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started
cancel call. Again. No answer. i'm not happy with the answer. You just gave me another job to do which I already knew. I wanted someone to tell mwe how to do this - not call someone else
I'm not pAying for a PHONE CALL since he could not do it right away. 30 minutes later and no phone call

They have way too many variations and systems in order to know which one you have. If I knew that I would call. And I already told you I wasn't calling UNTIL you talked to HWH. No big deal. You can ask for and receive a full refund.

This is not a job for the DIY guy! You can get seriously hurt if you don't know what you are doing. Hydraulic fluid under 3,5000 lbs pressure can be deadly!