gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I thought there was only 1 battery in my 2015 Winnebago

Customer Question

I thought there was only 1 battery in my 2015 Winnebago Travato. When I couldn't start it, after too long not run as well as the coach being plugged in way too long (so I belatedly read), I couldn't start it. The battery was dead. AAA got it started & I took it to a shop. They said the battery below the coach behind the left rear tire is now adequately charged, but question whether I was only charging (over-charging?) the house battery, & the starting battery apparently ran down while my rv sat in my driveway for months. I didn't find where there are 2 listed in the manuals.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: I've only had the RV for about a year. No I didn't test the battery. I assume the shop did. Is there only 1 battery in that rv?
JA: What is the model of your '15 RV?
Customer: It's a Winnebago Travato.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As I mentioned, it's at the shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm so RV"illiterate" I wouldn't know what to ask, except does that rv have a house battery & a starting battery?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

W​hat is the actual model number and I can get you the wiring diagrams for the batteries? It would have at least one house and one starting battery. Most have more.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!