RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My control pad is not working anything with the trailer.

Customer Question
My control pad is...

My control pad is not working anything with the trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 keystone outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

When ever I can, I do most of the upkeep

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The controls at the mail unit still work it is the keypad that won't control anything, I can move through the menu but cant turn on lights, pump, nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All that are controlled buy main system will not turn on, waterheater, water pump, awings,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
3/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is is just off the key pad that these won't work? If so, start by changing out the batteries. If not, then do all the other 12 VDC functions work? And are you plugged into shore power or not? One battery or two? This control board has some fuses on there. Did you check those.

Once you change out the batteries in the remote let me know if this still won't work. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. I am on my way in to my shop so I won't be available for about 20 minutes.

The keypad still lites up and can move through it but when I punch anything nothing works
Keystone said it was hard wired

T​he keypad?

Is this the remote or on the control module itself?

Attach a photo of this to your post if you can. Use the paperclip icon.

The tuch screen inside the main door of the trailer,
It would as u z @@re looking be a remote controler,

O.K.........they make these in a number of configurations. In this case it is usally either a bad touch screen OR it is locked up and you need to remove the power from it for about 2 minutes and then reconnect.

I can still move through the menu and even turn it off. Would turning it o/ work or dis one ting it
Conplete unplugging it from both control center and power supply

Remove the power from it and let it sit for about 2 minutes. These have a control board inside that can lock up just like you computer.

I am not at home and it will take a couple of week befor I get back home, I will try thread start free trail, and contact u again at that time, I am on a plain, headed to business meeting and wanted to see what way to go when I get back home

O.K.........no hurry. I am here every day.