RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I purchased a awning fabric replacement. I cut off the old…

I purchased a awning...

I purchased a awning fabric replacement. I cut off the old fabric. I then drilled out the rivets on the end of thye roller to access for putting the new fabric on. I took the bolt out without securing the roller from undoing the tension on the spring. I have put the new fabric on but how doi rewind the spring?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Conquest by gulfstream

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Conquest?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Conquest yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have not tried to rewind the spring cause i dont know how many revolutions it takes

3/8/2018
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your awning? That is usually on the end of the roller tube. Get back to me with this and I can give you that information.

Sunchaser A & e bometic
Serial 04188856
Model 34d15LC1
Not positive on those numbers. They are really faded
15 ft.

So did you mark the spring units before you removed them? It is important not only to have the winds correct, but to be sure that the release latch is going to be in the right place once it is reinstalled or you won't be able to easily open it.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started

See the attached link for that spring and fabric replacement instruction. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/aespring.pdf